Forum participants agree to follow the following guidelines for use and accept that they are liable for the content of their posts. Parenting Informed reserves the right to remove any material posted on a forum that is considered dangerous or harmful, and to terminate your participation in a forum at our discretion by cancelling your registration if you disregard the following terms and conditions of use.
- Don't advertise. This website does not endorse products or services. Parenting Informed is not here to promote private or commercial interests; it has been created to provide unbiased, reliable information and social support for people in our community caring for children. Do not undermine this mission by advertising.
- Be respectful. You may have strong feelings about a topic, and you may encounter different or challenging ideas, but show respect to all users of these forums and avoid being rude, abusive or dismissive of others. This includes respect for their race, religion, political views, and other beliefs and experiences. It is illegal to make racist, sexist or homophobic comments, harass or 'stalk' any person, or make defamatory statements or personal attacks on another person. A defamatory statement about a person is one which would make others think less of that person.
- Keep in mind. Parenting Informed reserves the right to omit any material that it determines to be in bad taste.
- Don't impersonate someone else. You must not pretend to be another person when posting a message, but it is fine to use an internet 'handle', which is a label that identifies you without using your real name.
- PG rating. Avoid swearing as it offends a lot of people. We want everyone to feel welcome, so be as colourful as you like, but keep it clean.
- You must not copy material belonging to a third party, or in any way infringe others' intellectual property rights; otherwise, you may expose yourself and Parenting Informed to legal action. You should use your own words and not copy from books, films, other websites or any other material.
- Use common sense. Remember you are posting to a public website so be careful not to give out personal details about yourself or anyone else, Do not post anyone's email address, phone number, postal address or credit card details on a forum; if you want to exchange personal information, you can use the 'private message' function instead.
- Don't use a forum to discuss, promote or plan anything illegal.
- Report a problem. A forum moderator will take appropriate steps to address any dangerous, harmful or unauthorised material posted on a forum, but Parenting Informed appreciates your help if you notice a problem before we do. Please help us by selecting the 'report' icon and following the prompts.